How Do I?

How Do I

How do I obtain a copy of the WCSO Annual Report?

You may obtain a copy of the annual report for the last three years by clicking on the following link:

How do I subscribe to upcoming news, employment information, sheriff sales, etc?

Be the first to know by subscribing! Simply click on the gold “Subscribe” button on the right side of the web page.

How do I see what jobs are available at the WCSO and how do I apply?

We’re looking for courageous men and women who have a passion to serve, save lives, and provide the best possible community for others to live, work, and play. We are passionate about the residents of our county and are looking for individuals who will treat its residents with dignity and respect while protecting and serving. The job of wearing our badge is a noble profession. If this sounds like you, review the hiring process and apply!

Click on the following link to submit your application today!

How do I ask the Sheriff a question?

Ask the Sheriff is an opportunity for residents of Williamson County to send questions directly to Sheriff Dusty Rhoades about any aspect of the operations of the Sheriff’s Office.

Click on the following link to submit your inquiry:

How do I request traffic enforcement in my neighborhood?

If you need immediate police attention for an emergency situation, do not use this form. Instead, call 911. This online Traffic Enforcement form is designed to allow residents of Williamson County, TN, to report directly to the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office traffic problems that are occurring either in their neighborhood or in a particular part of the county. Examples of such complaints are speeding vehicles, vehicles running stop signs, making illegal turns, failing to yield at crosswalks and other hazardous violations. Your information will be considered confidential and will not be released to any outside individual or organization.

CLICK HERE for more information and to submit your request online.

How do I sign up as a member or volunteer for the Citizen’s Assurance Program?

The Citizens’ Assurance Program is a free program that consists of a daily phone call to participants. It is open to any Williamson County resident who lives alone and would like to have the security of a daily contact.

Calls are made daily between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.

The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office has an answering machine dedicated to CAP members so they can let the volunteer callers know if they will be out during the normal call period.

Volunteers for CAP must fill out an application and attend a training session that will last about an hour. A background check may be done by the WCSO. All volunteers must be able to use email and have Excel on their computer.

CLICK HERE for more information and to submit an online application.

How do I obtain information and sign up for the Citizen’s Academy?

The Citizens Academy is a 8-week program designed to provide residents with information about how the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office operates.

This academy is FREE!  It is designed to educate residents and/or business owners on how the Sheriff’s Office operates.  The 8-week academy meets once a week on Thursday evenings, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.  To see when the next academy click on the Upcoming Classes tab above.

CLICK HERE for more information and to submit an application.

How do I sign up for the Handgun Shooting & Safety Class?

The Handgun Shooting & Safety Class is an introduction to handgun shooting and will cover the fundamentals of shooting, types of handguns, what to expect at the range, and handgun safety. The class is 3 weeks long and there is no charge for participation. We are open to those that are new and those that want to enhance their education on shooting and safety.

CLICK HERE to learn more.

How do I request residential/vacation checks of my residence?

The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is glad to provide a house check service to its residents at no cost.

Due to the dangers involved, only unoccupied homes will be checked. This service is not available if someone will be staying at or checking on your home, if the house is vacant or for new homes under construction.

As a safety precaution, only tell those that need to know about your plans to be away, make arrangements to stop your deliveries, or have someone tend to them in your absence, and never post photos or make comments about being away from home on any social media sites or in voice mail messages; save your postings until you have arrived back home. Remember be safe and help protect your property.

CLICK HERE for more information.

How do I hire an off-duty deputy?

It is the policy of the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office to allow commissioned law enforcement employees to work in an outside police related employment capacity under specific guidelines set forth by Williamson County and the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office.
All outside employment for off-duty officers is administered and scheduled through Extra Duty Solutions (EDS) in cooperation with Williamson County and the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office.

CLICK HERE for more information.

How do I request and obtain public records?

The Tennessee Public Records Act (TPRA) provides that all state, county and municipal records shall, at all times during business hours be open for personal inspection by any citizen of this state, and those in charge of the records shall not refuse such right of inspection to any Tennessee citizen, unless otherwise provided by state law. The Williamson County Public Records Policy is available for inspection and duplication in the Williamson County Archives and the Williamson County Clerk’s Office. The TPRA grants Tennessee citizens the right to access open public records that exist at the time of the request. The TPRA does not require records custodians to compile information or create or recreate records that do not exist.

CLICK HERE for more information.

How do I dispose of prescription drugs?

Residents may drop off their unused, unwanted and expired prescription drugs on weekdays (Monday through Friday) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Only prescription drugs are accepted. Liquids, powders, over the counter medications, inhalers, lancets, syringes and sharp medical devices cannot be accepted. The drop off box is closed nights, weekends and holidays.

The WCSO is providing this service for Williamson County residents only. It is not designed for commercial or medical business use.

CLICK HERE to learn more.

How do I file a complaint or commendation about a WCSO member’s conduct?

To file a complaint against a WCSO member, click on the following link to our convenient online form and submit…

To file a commendation about a WCSO member, click on the following link to our convenient online form and submit…

How do I obtain fingerprints?

Click on the following link for more information regarding our fingerprinting services…

How do I submit a crime or drug tip?

You may contact Crime Stoppers to report any crime.

Williamson County Crime Stoppers is made up of a board of civilian volunteers co-ordinated through the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office Crime Prevention Division. It serves all the communities in Williamson County including. Franklin, Fairview, Nolensville, College Grove, Triune, Arlington, Thompson Station and Spring Hill.

Crime Stoppers can be extremely beneficial in combating the crime problem. It is an effective resource in which private citizens join together with law enforcement to solve difficult crimes.

CLICK HERE for more information.

CLICK HERE to submit your Crime Stoppers Tip.