The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is glad to provide a house check service to its residents at no cost.
This service only includes unincorporated areas of Williamson County and Thompson’s Station.
Click on the city below in which you live to learn more about their House Check Services:
Due to the dangers involved, only unoccupied homes will be checked. This service is not available if someone will be staying at or checking on your home, if the house is vacant or for new homes under construction.
As a safety precaution, only tell those that need to know about your plans to be away, make arrangements to stop your deliveries, or have someone tend to them in your absence, and never post photos or make comments about being away from home on any social media sites or in voice mail messages; save your postings until you have arrived back home. Remember be safe and help protect your property.
NOTE: Deputies will make a daily attempt to check the security of your home. There is no guarantee that this daily check will actually occur due to daily call volume and other unforeseen circumstances. We do not provide house checks for vacations greater than 14 consecutive days in length.
Consequently, it is recommended that you make every effort to safeguard against losses including: securing high value property, using proper locking devices, installing alarm systems, etc.
Here are some safety tips:
- Use timers for lights, radios, and/or the television
- Arrange for your lawn to be maintained
- Have a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your mail and/or newspapers or have the services suspended while you’re away
- Make sure that all doors and windows are locked
- Leave a key with a trusted neighbor or friend
- Never hide a key on your property
- If you choose to have someone care for your property while you’re away, ensure they have emergency contact information for you.